My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://walkslowlylivewildly.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Dreads



I love dreadlocks. Most of my closest friends know that I would like to have some of my very own. Ideally, I will look like the cute girl in the above photo. I think dreads are:

*gorgeous
*unique
*inspiring
*patience-building
*funky
*maintainence free (after the first year or so)
*a spiritual journey

You can see more cool dread photos on my Flickr Favorites.

So for those of you who didn't know that I would ever consider such a "crazy" choice of hair style...you can pick your jaw up off the floor now and go buy me a pretty hairwrap. Thanks!

6 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

My hubby had dreds for 10 years. He cut them off almost 6 years ago. I loved them. (we still have them!) It was definitely a "release" of sorts when he cut them off. You should go for it!

8/29/2006 6:55 PM  
Blogger Heth said...

I could TOTALLY picture you with dreads. You would look amazing. Do IT, do IT, do IT!

On the other hand, I could totally picture you with about 1 inch long hair too, and you would look so adorable.

8/29/2006 8:07 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

So after I grow my dreads for about 10 years, I'll cut them off and have 1 inch hair ... just for you heth. :)

8/29/2006 9:55 PM  
Blogger Kristin said...

Okay...now I'm just waiting for it to become reality...come on, do it! :) You'd look very cute.

8/30/2006 6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister rocked dreads for about 7 or 8 years. She cut them when she moved to St. Thomas. You should go for it. She put beads on her favorite dreads :). Do it!
+ash+

8/30/2006 8:29 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I think dreads look awesome, but it isn't something I would be able to pull off - or have the patience to achieve. :-) I agree you should go for it!

8/31/2006 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Compact Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next