My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://walkslowlylivewildly.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Colorful Groceries


It's so fun to go grocery shopping when you have pretty bags to bring your food home in! My counter was brimming with color today...I just couldn't help but take a photo. If you've never made the switch to cloth grocery bags...you're missing out. But don't stop at groceries! Bring them to every store!

My most recent find was cloth produce bags. Instead of using all of those flimsy plastic bags in the produce aisle, you can use these great organic bags.

My favorite places to get bags:
Reusable Bags
Ecobags

I prefer the bags with long handles. I think they are easier to carry...you can put them over your shoulder, or tie the handles in a knot and carry them like a traditional plastic bag. These bags stretch and can hold an amazing amount of food. They won't break. Of course, you don't have to get fancy string bags. Cloth tote bags from the thrift store work perfectly fine too! There are so many bags with company logos, event logos, etc. on them...you can snatch them up at any Goodwill.

Go cloth!

10 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I love the cloth produce bags! I had never seen those before. We usually don't use a bag at all for the bigger stuff (avocadoes, sweet potatoes, etc.) but we do for the smaller things that we get a lot of (green beans, brussel sprouts).

Do people look at you like you have 5 heads when you use your cloth grocery bags? They do us at our local grocery store. We have to tell them what they are for because we get blank looks from the baggers, and then we usually end up helping because they'll put like 3 things in one bag if we don't. But that still doesn't stop us from using them! :-) It's just kind of funny! (and a little sad that more people don't use cloth bags)

9/20/2006 4:44 AM  
Blogger angela said...

Your bags are so colorful!! My are just plain beige. But I need some more anyway...hopefully colorful ones.
Just last night I had the hardest time explaining to the bagger what my cloth bags were for. He and the people behind me were so confused. It was quite funny.

9/20/2006 5:59 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

When I shop at my favorite small organic grocery store, they actually ASK ME if I brought my cloth bags. :) But when I shop at the larger store, they are kind of confused for a moment, but then they kind of think they are cool. I've had some pretty funny comments from teenage boys.

"Sweeeeet!"
"These are so colorful!"
"Weird..."

9/20/2006 7:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/20/2006 4:13 PM  
Blogger angela said...

by the way, I like your new kitchen!!

9/21/2006 6:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your colorful cloth bags. I've never seen the produce bags before - cool!

9/21/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

Well these are so fun, it makes me want to be enviromentally friendly just so i can carry them. I'm trying to start recyling but i'm a little frustrated by the thought of having 3 seperate garbage cans taking up my tiny kitchen just to seperate my recyling. I live in an apartment building in NYC so outside is not an option. Any ideas as awesome as these bags?

9/23/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Christian,
I am needing to research space saving recycling ideas as well. We just moved from a house to a small apartment, and it's definitely challenging to continue recycling like I did...but I want to!
I'll post something when I figure it out.

9/23/2006 1:39 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I have to tell you that you inspire me!! I love reading your blogs and have started my own! I wanted to let you know that I just purchased my first set of cloth grocery bags and can't wait to get them so I can start using them!! Thanks!

10/25/2006 1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love using cloth - especially when the baggers look at me like I have three heads! Go bags!

11/27/2006 6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Compact Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next