My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://walkslowlylivewildly.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Tale of a Garage Sale


This was the last one. We've had 3 garage sales this year and I don't ever want to accumulate enough STUFF to necessitate a garage sale ever again. It's not that we didn't make any money. We did...probably over $1000 for all 3 sales. I just don't really enjoy the preparation process... pricing things makes me crazy, the sitting and waiting for people, the packing it all up. I can think of 100 better things to do with my time. My plan is to donate, eBay, gift, or Craigslist in small amounts so I don't have to have a "big one" again.

I am not saying I won't GO to garage sales. I love going to them. It's amazing what you can find. My friend Natalie and her sisters are professional garage sale extrordinaires. Amazing. I love the hunt...especially if I have something to hunt for. The thrill of finding that long awaited item is beyond compare. Of course, if you go with a friend who has the same taste as you...you better be ready to race to the driveway!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so hear you. I can't throw garage sales...I just don't have the patience for them. I donate goods or sell them on Ebay. I hope to never get to the point where we need a garage sale, although I think if we were ever to radically downsize (i.e. move into an Airstream or something), it might be the best way to unload furniture.

10/07/2006 9:03 AM  
Blogger Heth said...

I never make any money on my garage sales so we just donate.

Is that a bread machine I see for sale? Dang girl! Your sale must have been a big hit, you've got some good stuff there!

10/07/2006 1:21 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

I love both the selling and buying part of garage sales, as you know. But since I moved to the worst city in the US for garage sales (Boulder, Co) I haven't gone much and I miss it! Boulder is great for other things so I forgive it's garage sale ineptness.

10/07/2006 9:19 PM  
Blogger Clean ClutterFree Simple said...

I don't do garage sales. I can't have them, because I am too freaked out at the idea of other people pawing through my stuff. I can't go, because I'll accumulate too many treasures:-(.

10/10/2006 11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The Compact Blog Ring
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next